The general objective of C3N is to analyse the vulnerability of the natural systems of the Spanish coasts to climate change, as structural elements that provided by key environmental services of different nature.
In order to achieve this, the different objectives are:
- To define specific indicators (predictors) of physical nature associated with the space-time distribution of natural structuring components (populations, communities, habitats) along the Spanish coasts.
- To develop and calibrate response models (exposure and vulnerability) of natural components against physical indicators (meteo-oceanographic variables), at different spatial and temporal scales.
- To generate specific climate change scenarios for the previously mentioned natural components, through the projection of the selected predictors (threats).
- To estimate the impact on the main natural systems of the Spanish coast given the different scenarios of climate change generated.
- To ensure the transfer of results and tools generated to those responsible for managing coastal areas.